Freedom 4/24 and the Run 4 Their Lives Race Series will be adhering to local and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 at the time of the event. The safety of our guests and community is of the utmost importance. Please continue to check your email and the race webpage for any updates and changes in relation to protocols.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be readily available around our venue and at every touchpoint. Cleaning of common areas will be enhanced.
- Bathrooms with hand washing stations are available inside the Indoor Track Facility on the top floor.
- We will not be having our pancake breakfast this year to minimize risk of transmission. Instead, all food will pre-packaged and handled by volunteers wearing gloves and face coverings. Water stations will provide individual, sealed water bottles handled by volunteers wearing gloves and face coverings.
- All staff, faculty, and volunteers will be wearing masks or face coverings at all times during the event, you will not be required to wear them on the course while you are running
- All participants over 5 years of age will be required to wear face coverings, covering the nose and mouth, in all designated event areas, including the finish line areas and start corral.
- Face coverings will be provided at the event site if needed
- Measures will be put in place to increase space for participants and staff at all touchpoints including packet-pick-up, finish line, and the start corral
- Alternative start configurations will be implemented to increase distancing opportunites. Runners will start in small waves with 30 second intervals
- Respect physical distancing and follow cues such as appropriate signage and markings on the ground to ensure you are standing an appropriate distance from others
- Respect any instructions from volunteers, staff, and faculty and be willing to be compliant and flexible with pertinent instructions
- If you are uncomfortable attending in person, please register for our virtual challenge
- If you are unable to run/walk with us in person, join our virtual challenge to help us bring freedom and prevent human trafficking!
- Please stay home or participate in our virtual challenge if you are sick or displaying symptoms, or have been in contact with or exposed to someone who was showing signs of illness or was sick
- Please stay home or participate in our virtual challenge if you have tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of the event
- Utilize proper health and hygiene methods
- Make sure you are properly wearing your face covering through the race venues when not competing
Lynchburg COVID-19 Regulations Virginia COVID-19 Regulations Federal COVID-19 Regulations